web analytics

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Through The Woods And To The Beach

This past Tuesday, we packed an overnight bag and the dogs hopped into the car and off we went to the beach.


Our halfway stop gave the dogs a chance to go for a  walk and then hang-out as we enjoyed some Sonic Burgers which we had never eaten in the past. It is like an old fashioned drive-in hamburger stop with a car hop on roller blades if you want to order from your car. You can eat in your car or at picnic tables. And, of course, you can eat indoors.  We were able to tie the dogs next to our picnic table. The food was good and it was fun for all.

 


Santa Cruz Mountain Highway



Santa Cruz Beach with Boardwalk and Amusement Park in the background.



We walked to the end of the wharf to check out a favorite restaurant of mine,  from many years past,  that serves the very best Clam Chowder. The wind was really blowing and it was quite cold! And, does he look happy? He tells me he is!
  

We decided to start collecting some ornaments to decorate our Christmas tree this coming Christmas, so it will be personalized as our tree.  Well, it was just eight days ago when we were in the grocery store line waiting to check out when I turned to look at the man in my life and he said to me "I am as happy as a clam". I didn't give it much thought other than the fact that I really liked what he said,  until I was in a shop in Santa Cruz looking for an ornament. And, much to my surprise, hanging on the ornament rack in front of my face was this darling ornament. I could hardly believe it. I bought it and returned to my man who was waiting outside with our dogs. I don't think I was in the store more than five minutes and we had our ornament.

In the evening we had dinner reservations for 7:30 PM at the Crow's Nest on The Santa Cruz Yacht Harbor. We had a window seat and the view of the lighthouse and many types of  boats was spectacular. 



We enjoyed steamed clams and I ordered the Hawaiian Opaka Paka with macadamia nuts in a soy ginger sauce. I topped it off with blueberry key lime pie. I had a happy tummy!




It looks like we liked the steamed clams.


The next day we enjoyed the sights of Capitola and had coffee and Cinnamon Crumb Cake at Mr Toots Coffee House.


This is some of the fun that was going on at the beach.


And, then there was this "eye catcher" of a vehicle in the parking lot.


 
We had a wonderful time.

We are continuing with our counseling and day by day our love for one another is being renewed - and getting stronger!

Have a great day and hug the ones you love!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014