web analytics

Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Day At The Plant

 

Not much to say today except that I finally got out in the garden to do some severely needed "catch up activity". Much to my slight distress, there were/are many different kinds of weeds that I have not seen in my garden for a long time. So, along with raking up "stuff" from all the many trees on my property, I pulled some weeds as I was raking and hand watering. Here are a few of the kinds of weeds that I will have to aggressively approach in the near future or they will be taking up permanent residency in my garden!

Weed Cinquefoil
Dandelion Weed
Wild Sweet Pea
Weed Ground Ivy

I worked in the shade and there was a very slight breeze which kept me comfortable. During the few hours that I worked in the garden, I realized just how much I miss working in my garden. Gardening has been a part of most of my life and has always given me comfort - - - especially the amazing beauty of effort put forth.



This lovely Casablanca Oriental Lily that recently started blooming is a perfect example of why I enjoy gardening.
 
I hope you have a Happy Day.


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mary! I received your email. So glad you can join us!

    I enjoyed visiting your blog. Your weeds are looking better than my flowers! I can just taste that strawberry jam!
    Hugs,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014