web analytics

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cooking Dinner After A Busy Day

Yesterday was such a busy day - - - and the weather was very hot until it finally started to cool down in the early evening. We are suppose to have cooler weather for the next day or so and then it will return to high 90's. Anyway, after I finished some of the watering in the garden, a friend stopped by at 9:30 AM for coffee (I made iced coffee) and we visited until 11:00 AM. 

I  had just enough time to jump in the car and pick up a friend that I had not seen for awhile and we went a few towns away to Mokelumne Hill for lunch at a new restaurant called Bob-B-Que Barbecue Pit. The owner's name is Bob. The food was great and very reasonably priced. I am sure I will be returning to eat some more of the very moist and tender bar-be-que. The menu was quite extensive. After eating, we stopped at some thrift shops and poked around for something that we "could not live without".  Believe it or not we both came home empty handed. 

By now, it was 4 PM and I needed to get home to prepare something for dinner because I asked "the man" to come over at 6 PM for dinner. I had hoped to do some prep work on my dinner in the morning, but that did not happen. And, I really did not know what I was going to do with the boneless chicken breasts that I wanted to use. So it was time to think about what I could make using what was in the kitchen cupboards. This is what I came up with. I think I will call it - - - 

 Mushroom Chicken With Creamed Lime Sauce


I dipped the chicken in a beaten egg and then in dried bread crumbs that I seasoned with Lawry's seasoned salt. You   know the salt, the one that has been around forever. Brown both side of chicken in a  buttered skillet. Set aside.

I added the juice of one big lime to canned cream of chicken soup that I had thinned with about a half cup of 2% organic milk.

I sautéed about 10 ounces sliced mushrooms in a little butter and  whole fruit Persian Lime olive oil that I buy locally at Marisolio Olive Oil  Tasting Bar.

Then put the soup mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish and place the browned chicken breasts on top followed by the mushrooms, and then a slice of lime on each chicken breast.

I baked it at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes.  It looked pretty and IT WAS GOOD!

I served it with some fresh sliced squash from the farmer's market and chicken flavored rice. We topped it all off with some fresh peach shortcake (home made) for dessert. It really was a quite easy summer dinner to prepare.

As my blog indicates, we eat out a lot and even though it takes some time to prepare, I really like eating at home and just simply being home. Don't misunderstand, I enjoy being out 'n' about, but I am trying to find a "happy medium".

Wishing you Good Eating and Lots of Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014