web analytics

Friday, May 28, 2010

It Won't Be Long Now

What a day! It all started with a poor nights sleep. The electrical power went off in the middle of the night and the television was making noise when it came back on briefly before going out a couple more times. Most significantly, just as I was starting to prepare my morning coffee, it went out again. And of course all the clocks around the house (six) were flashing.. I was not happy. The power came back on at 8:20 AM just in time for me to get my daily 8:30 AM  phone call from My Special Man. Then, I promptly made a call to a friend to confirm our lunch date. I walked no further than from the kitchen to the bedroom to start to get ready for the day - - - and - - - the power went off again. Low level frustration was starting to set in.

The first item of the day was to take my convertible to the body shop to have the drain holes on the bottom side of the care cleaned out to drain water (from all the rain) that had accumulated under and above the floor boards. Yes, by now I had about one inch of water on top of the carpet on the passenger side. Every time I made a turn with the car I could hear slushing water.  Not a good thing. I must get my garage cleaned out so I can get my car in. That is the number one item on my To Do List when I get back from our trip!

Next, I missed meeting up with my friend for lunch because I was late getting back from the "auto stuff".  By now, I think I could use a pill, a drink or something ! ! ! She thought we misunderstood our arrangement and proceeded to the restaurant and then a second restaurant that we talked about. Before long, I think we were chasing each other around town  to find one another. Of course, she started to worry that something awful had happened to me. In all honesty, I can not remember missing a committed appointment. So, this was very unusual. She left a message at the home of My Special Man and the pathetic comedy continued on until I was able to reach her at her home by phone at which time she was eating some lunch. Then, My Special Man was wondering what had happened to me because I missed meeting up with my friend. It all ended well with everyone "safe and sound" and no one upset with one another.  I must get a cell phone.  I did not think I needed one any longer with my very quite life in the past (meaning - before My Special Man entered my life) but times are different now and I will be getting one - SOON.

And - - - - you really don't want to know about the remainder of the day.



I hope you had a very Peaceful and Serene day.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, I saw your comment on Vanessa's blog. Looks as though you have a trip to Germany soon. I'm going back there next week where we have a house. It's a lovely country. I hope you have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne, Thanks for your note. Did you see our itinery on my blog? Will we be anywhere near your part of the country? Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014