web analytics

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Natures Surprises

Bright sun in the morning is a great thing unless you want to take some photos of  beautiful surprises in the garden.

During the past couple months I have been nurturing some roses that have been neglected for too long. There is a strip of flower bed along my back fence that I was working on prior to my foot/leg injury. All of the falling apart redwood lattice has been removed from the wire fence. The fence man came out to give me counsel about the fence that I thought needed some changes. He says that the fence is fine and that is good. I have cut the Star Jasmine vines down to the ground and they have started to grow and cover the wire fence again. I just want to be sure that the vines don't get so heavy again that I loose the sun that the roses need to stay healthy.



I have not seen a rose bloom on this bush for a very long time. And, when I saw it yesterday morning I had to take a photo even though the sun was bright and interfering with my photo taking. Isn't it scrumptious?

This is Oklahoma Hybrid Tea Rose described as an unusual dark red rose with classic perfectly formed buds and flowers with a strong rose fragrance. The color is definitely dark red and it is lovely.



And, it looks like there will be more blooms!


Later in the day I returned to take a look at the rose and it had opened further and the sunshine was more defused making for a better photo. And, the color of the rose looks more accurate. It is a beautiful deep almost cranberry color and it smells great.

This afternoon I am going to spend some time doing a little spoiling of myself. I have scheduled a message! It will be wonderful for my aging body. This week I have been working in the garden and doing a fair amount of general outdoor maintenance. Things are looking better and that makes me feel better.

Have a Beautiful Day.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful rose. I am very jealous as I cannot grow roses to save my life. I really think it is just that I am too lazy to learn to trim them properly. And to be able to grow roses with a wonderful scent! I hope the massage was blissful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014