web analytics

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Why I Started A Blog

While I was away on the trip to Germany, my blog had its One Year Anniversary on June 5.  A few months earlier than June 5 of last year, I started  enjoying the new experience of following blogs that interested me, specifically about homemaking and all aspects associated with a home oriented life style, like cooking, baking, creating from thrifting, sewing, crafting, knitting, crocheting, interior design, gardening, entertaining and so on. Then one day I was reading a blog that had posted photos and experiences about the little mountain town that I live in. And, I thought, yes, I can do that, too.  So, I set out to teach myself how to have my own blog. It was a very tedious task since I personally do not know anyone that has a blog. So, my new adventure involved many long hours on the computer with Blogger and Googling many questions.

The main driving force behind the tenaciousness that it took was the strong desire to blog for one year and then make a book of my blog entries for my only grandchild - a seventeen year old granddaughter, who is now a High School graduate, eighteen years of age and on her way to college. I have never had the joy of being around or seeing my granddaughter very much during her life and I thought the blog EVERYDAYDELIGHT would some day give her a picture of who her grandma really was. So, I have tried to make an entry on the blog as many days as I could throughout the year. 

I have blogged 239 days during the first year. I say first, because I have found myself enjoying the blogging experience and I will probably continue to blog.

It has been so much fun following other blogs, leaving comments and receiving emails and comments. I have even  acquired a non-English speaking friend in Czech Republic who does not have a blog but reads mine and exchanges photos and experiences through email and postal service. She amazes me with her ability to read and write English. I have come to learn that many European people are similar in that way. Reportedly, they do not have the opportunity to practice their verbal English skills.

It has saddened me that I was not able to visit her during my trip. I was so close-by but circumstances which were out of my control prevented me from traveling a short distance by train to see her. Since my return, she has sent the nicest email with the following photo expressing her desire to have met me and the opportunity to have coffee together along with some of her homemade cake. How sweet is that?


At this difficult time in my life, I truly appreciate such kindness.

Wishing you a Fabulous day and many blessings to appreciate. It does not take much to find the blessings in life. We just have to open our eyes!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014