web analytics

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hats Off To You

Like I said yesterday, knitting has been in my hands lately. I have started wearing hats occasionally because sometimes I am having a "bad hair day" or my arms are just to sore from my cervical spine problems to reach up with a curling iron. I also have a rotator cuff tear in my shoulder that needs repair. And, on top of that, I have terribly fine hair that lacks any body. I would love to be a "wash and wear" girl. But, it just ain't so

I wanted a hat in a neutral color and I had some Patons Classic Wool Merino (100% wool) in Natural Marl. Can't get more neutral than that! I like that it is wool. And, I had fun making it because the pattern was fast and interesting enough to cause me to look forward to fininshing. I made it over this past weekend and I wore it yesterday. The pattern can easily be modified to make it a little more slouchy by repeating the 10 rows of lace pattern. It fits fine but, I know I will make another hat that is more slouchy!


The name of the pattern is Meret by Woolly Wormhead. It can be found on the Ravelry website.





I really like the star pattern. However, it must be blocked in order for it to show the detail otherwise it kind of folds on itself. The hat color goes nicely with one of my winter coats. My coat is a brown tweed and the photo above this one is a more accurate color of the hat.


Once again, hats off to you. Have yourself a wonderful day.

~Mary~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014