web analytics

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Waking Up To Chain Saws And Spanish Voices


And, the  sawdust was flying!


Right behind my house and outside the living room window a very large old oak tree was being cut down. As you may know, my little house is surrounded by many, many trees. And, through the years they have grown tremendously tall and created so much shade that the house is quite dark inside. Ordinarily, I would not like to see trees cut down, however this old tree has been diseased for quite some time and the neighbors (who visit their second home, only occasionally) decided to have it cut down.

Let me tell you, this is truly a huge blessing for me. I function best and feel healthier when I am in bright sunshiny areas. And, now when I walk into the living room each morning the room is bright and alive.  I LOVE IT ~ I LOVE IT. If any of you experience issues around SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) you will understand my delight in such a change of ambient light. Oh, I also have an added bonus and this is that my "white garden" is going to be a lot happier with the increased sunshine. Maybe, my Black Beauty Fig Tree that resides in the "white garden" might produce fruit next year!

Tree cutters are certainly in a class of their own, in my opinion. If they don't pay close attention to what they are doing, the consequences can be disastrous! This is quite a silhouette picture, isn't it?

Have yourself a Wonderful Weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014