web analytics

Monday, September 26, 2011

I'm Getting Close

~ ~ ~ to finishing my crocheted Stripy Blanket that I started about six months ago.  I am in love with it! The feel of the soft wool (Cascade 220)  is so snugly and will be lovely on my bed this winter. I have really enjoyed working on this project even in the summertime because we really have not had very many days of high temperatures that can make working on a large wool afghan very undesirable. 


The colors have worked out nicely with my bedroom color scheme which is basically white furniture that I have pained and walls that I painted  in a cranberry faux finish.

I am showing you a photo of my headboard that I covered with some quilted upholstery fabric that has a beautiful cranberry color and highlights of slight green when you change your visual angle just slightly.  Several years ago, I picked up the headboard at a Goodwill store.





I ordered some border print fabric that I plan to make into pillowcases for the bed. I looked and looked for fabric that would work with my what I wanted to see in the bedroom. Since my shopping consisted of surfing the Internet I was pleased to find this floral border print.



 I found it a little difficult shopping for a border print that was large enough to have a good visual impact along with the vibrant colors of the blanket.  I can't wait to sew the pillowcases. But, I must finish the blanket first. And, that means weaving in all of the ends too!   Can you see flowers all across the width of the bed like they are growing along a garden pathway?



This is a companion fabric that I will use on the back side of the pillowcases. The fabric line is, Botanika Collection by Paula Prass for Michael Miller. 



And, this is another companion fabric that I purchased. I am sure I will have some fun deciding how I will use it. This little picture I found of a little pillow is sure cute!



 It's been fun showing you what I am planning. I hope you enjoyed it.

Today is my Birthday - - - - 72 years - - - - I can't believe it! 

Have a Wonderful Day and remember to Hug Someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014