web analytics

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Have You Read It? Have You Seen It?

As I have said, I had a very relaxing vacation. In fact, I can not remember when I have felt soo relaxed. It was so wonderful having someone to take care of most everything. While we were at the summer cottage on Lake Huron, Michigan, I had a chance to start reading the "ever so popular" book, the HELP. After you get accustomed to the writing style of ebonics, it is a fast  read.

According to the Urban Dictionary - - - Ebonics is a "variation" of English entirely made up of slang and southern word shortenings. It is generally spoken in the "hood" (neighborhood) and has almost no defined syntactical structure. Also of note is the almost complete lack of conjugation of verbs ("I be", "she be", "thems be", etc) and the mixing of pronouns."


When I say relaxed, I think this next photo confirms my happiness in having only the book to think about.  When I am at home I usually am thinking about all the things I have to do to keep up with all the responsibilities of maintaining my own home on a limitd budget. As difficult as it is, I still do a lot of the physical work inside and outside. I worked so hard to buy my "little house" (eighteen years ago) and I would feel awful if it fell into disrepair and my property value would drop more than it has with the current economy! My house is my only financial security for my old-old age in the event I can not take care of myself.

I had no idea this post was going to take me to the stresses that I feel at the present time. Let me refocus or should I say "get an attitude adjustment".  I am very blessed to have a nice little home in a great location in a great little historic town.  - - - - - And, I am blessed to have a Special Man in my life who provides lots of love and a very busy social life!


My girlfriend and I went to the afternoon show together and it is always fun to discuss the movie after. If you can't read the book, at least go to the movie, the HELP. It is very insightful, tender and funny.

Enjoy your day - and give thanks.








.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014