web analytics

Monday, August 08, 2011

Let Me Show Off My Kitchen

This kitchen redo was completed a few years ago and periodically I try to take a photo. But, I never seem to capture the colors as I see them in real life. However, this is close. The mosiac backspash (needless to say) is the focal point of my rather small kitchen. Yes, the cabinets are purple! Never in my life did I ever think I would have a "purple kitchen". But, I do. It all started with my idea to use broken dishes to create a "one of a kind" mosaic backsplash. I just happened to find some boxes of dishes at a Ross store that had some breakage. In fact, there were three boxes of the same pattern selling for $4.99 each. I loved the bright primary colors and I quickly picked them up. Now, really, how many people would want what I wanted? After all, they were broken ! ! ! 

If you look closely, you can see a stained glass hummingbird and flower hanging from the cupboard above.  I have always been fond of hummingbirds and in the past I have had quite a collection of them. You know how it is when friends know you might be collecting something, they like to add to the collection. My little house does not lend itself to lots of collections. So, I have sold a lot of them. Yes, sometimes I miss things. But, it is always a short lived feeling.



I will try to get some decent photos of the remainder of the kitchen at a later date.  It is difficult to get the lighting so the reflecxtions don't show all over the photos. I need to do this when I have plenty of time.




Well, we are soon off for our vacation to Michigan. I am feeling very relaxed and looking forward to each and every day.


 We will be spending a lot of time with the sister of MSM who lives at St Clair Shores. I am looking forward to getting to know her. I have enjoyed talking with her on the telephone.



I hope you have a Good Week.



 



.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014