web analytics

Friday, August 05, 2011

Crockpot Cooking In The Summer


Yesterday, I decided to prepare a crock pot dinner. I used some short ribs that were in the freezer along with other ingredients that I had in the pantry. The recipe is Slow Cooked German Short Ribs from allrecipes.com. And, they were wonderful! MSM is very fond of beef so I frequently look for recipes with beef. My choice is usually poultry or seafood. But, I am very happy to make whatever he would like. It has been a while since I have prepared dinner. I almost forgot to take a photo of the entrĂ©e. So, this is the best I have to show you.

The weather was about 10 degrees cooler than the past few days so it was a pleasant day to cook. We had the short ribs over wide egg noodles along with a lettuce salad and corn-on-the-cob. I was glad that I made the effort to do this because it was one and a half years since we started "going out". And, I had totally forgotten the date until I saw MSM coming to the door with a bouquet of flowers and a card.


A few months back, MSM started bringing me flowers on the 4th of the month to celebrate our monthly anniversary. And, he always has a special card with just the right verse. I have received several florist bouquets from him and they are always lovely. But, I have told him that I can be just as happy with less expensive flowers. And, if he wants to get florist flowers for me on special holidays, that would be just fine with me. He is very thoughtful and always wanting to show his love for me!  We seem to be over the very rough spots related to his previous alcohol use.

We are looking forward to our trip to Michigan to see his sister.  By the way -  she is 87 years young and doing just fine. Actually, she is "going strong" and is still on a bowling league.  We have a direct flight out of San Francisco and that will certainly be easier on me and my back than having to change flights along the way. We will be away for one week. He shortened the trip by a few days to make it less physically demanding for me. I am looking forward to seeing all the sights around Detroit and his birthplace. He reassures me that he will be taking good care of me. He has certainly done a nice job of planning the activities that we plan to do.

If I don't post again before leaving town, I will have all kinds of things to blog about when we return.

I hope your weather is as nice as we are having today. It is a beautiful morning!




 



ADDED LATER ~ Guess What?  I just realized that I made the same Short Rib recipe this past January. I guess that tells you how much is on my mind. But, really, I am feeling quite fine!

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014