web analytics

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Don't Let These Photos Fool You



Like so many vegetable gardens in California, we are having a very late season. And vegetables are just beginning to turn color. Not, only that, but the volume in my garden is very skimpy. It has been such a mild summer this year. Lovely, but unusually low temperatures and a longer winter than usual. The thermometer has been reading in the mid to high eighties most of the season.


 
This is the garden in early July.

  
And, this is now, at the end of August.


So, these photos are very deceiving because the plants have very little produce. Since the vegetable planter box was built, the many many trees have grown significantly and there is a lot less sunshine. However, the trees were trimmed this year with my vegetable garden in mind. Actually, I had one tree removed so there would be more hours of sunshine on the vegetable garden.










The zucchini and the squash are putting out blossoms but they have all fallen off so far. I sure hope I can get at least a few for the "all-time-favorite" - - - Zucchini Bread!



Great Parsley - don't you think?


I am growing the "very best" Hollyhock leaves - - - but, NO FLOWERS. Go figure! Where are you, Mr. Sunshine?






















I will keep you posted if I have a big surprise of more tomatoes than I can eat.  : )

And, I will leave you with some Happy Sunflower Faces!

















Have a Good Day.



.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014