web analytics

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Where Did It Go?

The YEAR, that is! It seems as though it wasn't all that long ago that I was putting Christmas decorations away. And, now it is already time to get them out and start decorating the house. It is such a wonderful time of the year. Even when my life has been much more difficult and challenging, I have always loved the holidays. It takes me back to a time when there were many around the Christmas dinner table and all of the hubbub associated with the holiday season. The following photo is from my wall calender in my kitchen. I love the little red wagon, and of course, I love My Little Red Wagon.


 

This is a SPECIAL Day. It is December 1st and that means that I am going to have some special holiday cheer everyday made possible by a very special friend who ordered an Advent Calender for me from Jacquie Lawson's E-cards

 

This is the description from the website of this delightful calendar.  "Our new digital Advent Calendar will bring a little joy to every day in the run-up to Christmas. Each day a new animation appears, building up a delightful Christmas scene featuring the trademark jacquielawson.com quirky humor, delicate artistic style, and delightful Christmassy music. All your best-loved characters from the e-cards are featured in different animations: Chudleigh and Bertie, Fluff the kitten, the musical teddy bears ... as well as a few new characters you haven't seen before, like Santa's cheeky elf!"

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY SPECIAL FRIEND. First of all, she is one of my many blessing I have received this year. I met her many years ago when I was in High School. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding and following both of our marriages we enjoyed time together as married couples and subsequently with little children. As so many of us have experienced, we loose touch with people and often think of them and say to ourselves "how did that happen" and we go on with our lives which are very busy and sometimes all consuming just getting from one day to the next.

During the past few years with the aid of the Internet, I have attempted to locate her to no avail. And, "lo and behold" a couple months ago I received an email with the subject saying "- - - - - - would like to know how you are". What a huge surprise and a joyous moment ! ! !

We both have thoroughly enjoyed getting reacquainted by phone and the internet. We live on opposite coasts. I live in California and she lives in New York! However, modern technology makes it very easy to share our lives and friendship. It is Wonderful.

I hope you have some Nice Surprises today.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014