web analytics

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

It's Time To Do It

And, I did it! I am very tired but happy. I don't usually do this project in one day. But, I just kept going until it was finished. And, it is a good feeling. Because I am so accustomed to doing projects by myself and I can do them faster that way, I surprised MSM with the tree when he came over in the evening. He was really surprised and he liked it a lot even though it is kind of "girlie" with lots of pink, silver, gold, angels, santas, hearts and stars to name a few. There are many ornaments from different places I have visited like Paris, England, Victoria, British Columbia, Oregon, San Francisco and on and on.



I have had this tree for a very long time and it takes a lot of time to assemble before you even start to put the lights on. I like it because it has little pine cones and the tips of each branch have what looks like snow. After putting the poll together each branch has to be placed in the poll.  Some of you may remember this kind of artificial tree. The box says it is a Pasadena Fir and it is 6 1/2 feet tall which works very well in my small living room.


 



I like to put lots of lights on the tree. Because of my back and shoulder discomfort, this year I tried something different when placing the lights. So I would not have to do so much reaching, bending and stooping I placed the lights as I assembled the tree. It was sure worth it to take the top portion off and start over at the bottom with the lights.




In the tree box I found a note that I had written to myself about positioning the branches. It said, "For added interest place some the the longer branches closer to top and shorter ones toward bottom. This gives the tree a more natural look" . And that is what I did and I like!










The tree can use a little "tweaking" here and there so I will post the final display when I do a little more "tweaking".

 

I guess Lily worked so hard today that she couldn't keep her eyes open after plopping herself down on the chair. I guess she was even too tired to jump up on the back of the chair where she usually likes to sleep. It is very infrequent that she will sleep on the seat of this nice big chair. She is so precious to me!

I hope you have had a Festive Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014