web analytics

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Morning Walk

I am so blessed to have a beautiful little historic town just right outside my door to walk in with my dog, Lily. This morning I took my camera along and took a few pictures on my way. This historic marker talks about pioneer women in the 1800's. Enlarge the photo by clicking on it and it will be easier to read.

Some of the very first daffodils to bloom down the street. They get a lot of sunshine and warmth to coax them into bloom before some of the others. Different than in my garden where their is lots of shade.



And, this is our resident burro, Clarrisa. She is such a favorite of the locals and tourists. Clarrisa is very friendly and loves carrots. The local neighbors look after her and if she needs any veterinary care the local vet is their to aid almost at a moments notice. She was born in the field to her mother who passed away a few years ago. So, we had two but now we have one and we love her.


All of the dogs love her also, This picture of Lily is about as close together that I was able to take a photo, especially, since I was holding on to Lily's lease.


Now we have the historical landmark of the first American Scientist to win the Nobel Prize in Physics. He lived at this location during his childhood.


Just one of many lovely art galleries.


And, how about looking at the marker for Murphys first saloon in 1853.



Interesting placard!



This is the little church that I walk to every Sunday to attend services. It was first built in 1866. Currently, our membership is over 100, which I think is quite remarkable for a little mountain town.
 



A lovely stained glass window. As you can see, there are two glass windows and they are lit up at night. The steeple is in beautiful copper and I can see it glisten in the sunlight from my garden.



Thank you for coming along with me on my walk with Lily.



May your day be beautiul and sunny.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014