web analytics

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Something To Soothe The Ills of the Day


Doesn't this Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha (Espresso and steamed milk, blended with mocha sauce and toffee nut flavored syrup. Topped with sweetened whipped cream, caramel sauce and a mixture of turbinado sugar and sea salt) look heavenly. I didn't say healthy ~ it has 420 calories!  Well, it tastes even better than it looks, if that is possible. And, what a fabulous beverage for a rainy day or a sick day. This is only one of their autumn offerings and I like them all.

As you may have noticed,  I have been MIA for awhile. And, that is because I have had one medical issue after another for at least the last six months.  At the moment, I am sitting here with a headache, sore throat and hacking cough that started about a week ago. And, just prior to that I underwent an endoscopy which revealed gastritis with ulcers. Even though I have been having symptoms I was very shocked when I went for the follow-up appointment. I guess I was shocked partly because I did not know that two biopsies were taken at the time of the endoscopy. In addition, Gastric Esophageal Reflux Disease was determined.  So, now I have modified my dietary intake including portion control and my symptoms are not as severe. I am doing well with this change and it feels wonderful to feel healthier. I guess all of this should not be such a surprise with all of the restaurant food I have been eating in the past year and a half.

One of the difficult changes is that I have had to stop taking all NSAIDS(non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs). After twenty years of using them for control of back pain following a back injury/surgery,  the time has come to stop because of damage to my stomach. This issue along with the increased stress of being in a relationship after many many years of going solo has brought this medical situation to the forefront. At least my blood pressure is behaving and seems to be under control. Now, I have to work some more on methods of pain management, perhaps some more hypno-therapy. 

All of this is a real test of my relationship. And, I am thrilled to tell you that MSM has been very supportive of me with "all of this stuff going on".  Also, I must tell you that in the past few weeks he celebrated his One Year Anniversary of Sobriety. What a wonderful and impressive accomplishment! Really, it is awesome!  

The weather is progressing into a beautiful Autumn and it is time to make a visit to Apple Hill. We are planning on that little outing in the next week or so.



Thanks for listening. At least I am on the right track to regaining my health. Oh, and my doctors have been very  good.  And, that is a lot to be thankful for.

I hope you are having a Wonderful Week. I'll be back when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014