web analytics

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Me And My Friend

For the past two days I have been with my closest friend at the doctor's office and/or hospital. On Tuesday she was told the results of a breast needle biopsy and it was not very good news. She has a small lump and she is scheduled for surgery next week. The good news is that it will be done in the surgi-center as an out-patient procedure. The surgeon was very optimistic regarding the expected outcome and follow-up care which may be radiation therapy for six weeks. But, as we all know, until the pathology report is completed it is impossible to rest easy. However, she has a great attitude and I think she will do very well. She has two daughters that live out of the area but close enough to be attentive. And, they are very supportive.
Since we finished at the doctor's office after 5 PM on Tuesday, I took her out to dinner at a favorite restaurant. We had a nice dinner of comfort food that included meat loaf and mashed potatoes. It tasted so good on a rather coolish evening. And, today, we went out to lunch and later we stopped at Starbuck's for one of their seasonal beverages. Of course, I had my favorite Salted Caramel Mocha!
Life has lots of challenges, but it always makes me feel good when I can do something helpful for others. I hope you will keep my friend in your thoughts for her to have a good recovery.

Thank you and take good care of yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014