web analytics

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Autumn Colors Before My Eyes

Every Autumn I look forward to the WINGED EUONYMUS (also called Burning Bush)  to start turning colors. It never disappoints me. I can see it through my dining room window and it is the most dramatic change of color in my garden. Before long the STELLATA MAGNOLIA tree that is nearby will be turning from green to a vibrant yellow. That is pretty much the extent of color changing in my garden. When I planted my garden I wanted to be able to see both of these impressive bushes/trees from my dining room. And, I certainly am enjoying them.

Today we are taking a drive to the high country in the Mercedes Convertible to see the change of colors around Hope Valley which is quite close to Lake Tahoe. It is nice that we can do it in one day. I reluctantly mention the convertible because when MSM spontaneously bought it with cash a little over a year ago I was not very happy because of issues surrounding our relationship at the time. I will say, however, that I would not let him put it in my name as he wanted! Besides, I already have a converible!  Now, really, I must say it is a pretty little silver car.


At this time my main objection is that it is not as confortable for my back as the other car which is what we use for travel of any significant distance.  I think the discomfort is primarily because it sits closer to the pavement than the Cadillac Crossover and all the bumps and vibrations are more pronounced in my back. But, I will wear my back brace and that always helps. I am sure we will have a beautiful time and it will be nice to have the top down. Afterall, MSM really likes his "little toy" and he really likes driving it. There is nothing like a late in life "mid-life crisis",  now is there? 

Wishing you a Very Happy Day filled with the beauty of Autumn. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014