web analytics

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Would You Believe

After we attended Christmas Eve services we went to the home of MSM to exchange Christmas gifts. But, first we exchanged Christmas cards.  And, to our surprise, we bought the SAME CARD for each other! It was a strange feeling but at the same time, a wonderful feeling.




We decorated the Christmas tree at his house the prior week placing the few ornaments that we have collected on the tree along with his ornaments from time past. We really enjoyed having Christmas trees at both homes.













I saw this beautiful cardigan in a catalog. It has hand-sewn beading of square silver filigree and faceted antique brass paillettes bordering the neckline, front opening and sleeves, accented by sunbursts of brass bugle beads and sparkling rhinestones.  I wish you could see the detail better but this is the best photo available. I was delighted to receive it and also empressed that he remembered that I had talked about liking it.

 

When I spent a week in Paris ten years ago, I bought a perfume by Ives Saint Laurent named Paris and it has become my fragrance of choice. Lately, it has been difficult to find in the Eau De Parfume. But, MSM gifted me with a lovely 2.5 fl. oz. size.  What a wonderful gift!





Buying gifts for special people can be very difficult. But, I had been looking at GPS with him in the past. And, I knew he was wanting to have one. So, that is what I bought for him. He was very happy with it and he has been using it (playing with it) ever since Christmas Eve.



I thought we were finished with our gifts. Then MSM walked over to the tree and took down a little green felt bag (photo below) that I had not noticed. See it on the photo below? He came over to me and got down on one knee and handed me an open ring box and asked me to marry him! I was shocked and had no idea that this may happen. I said "What are you doing?  Get up." After talking for awhile he placed the ring on my finger.  We will take a day at a time and when it feels right we will move forward with a date. What a wonderful Christmas Eve! We are really happy. God works in mysterious ways!  


 

This is a picture of my stunningly beautiful marquise-cut dimond ring!
I am not accustomed to as much attention as I received today at church and at brunch. We are always being told how happy we look, but this was truly different! Now you know why I have not had very much time to blog!

I hope all of you are starting off with a Very Good New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014