web analytics

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

They Are Turning Red - I Can Hardly Believe It!

Who ever heard of tomatoes not turning red until October? This seems to be a universal thought this year with our vegetable gardens. And, it really has been disappointing to have such a small yield this year.


Let's hope that next year will be a better growing season with a few more warm and hot days.
The garden is filling up with oak leaves and lots of acorns ~ and I mean LOTS. Throughout the day I have been hearing the acorns bouncing off of the metal patio furniture and making quite a racket! It seems as though the volume of acorns is very abundant every other year. Last year was much slighter. I can rake the leaves and within an hour it looks like I have not been out in the garden for days. Today, the wind has been blowing more than the past few days and hopefully it will bring most of the leaves down. It sounds like we will be getting cooler weather and maybe even a little rain this coming weekend.
I have not been working on any of my creative projects and I am looking forward to getting back in the rhythm of "daily project time". My Stripey Crocheted Afghan is so close to being finished! And, I miss my sewing machine. I haven't touched it in a long time. Things have to start a changin' around here and soon. ; )

I think the time has come to start thinking about Christmas preparations. Of course, first we have Thanksgiving which is just around the corner.

I hope you are enjoying this busy time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014