web analytics

Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Absolutely Love Sweet Peas

And, this time every year my neighbor brings me some from her garden at her primary home in the San Jose, CA area. I enjoy them so very much. 


Some time before Easter I started a Stripey Blanket with the Cascade 220 wool yarn that I had in my stash leftover from the Babette Blanket  (renamed "Fruit Punch" by me) which I crocheted in 2009. The sweet peas have so many of my favorite colors just like my new crochet project.



 


I will be posting more photos of the Stripey Blanket as I progress.  Before long I will have to order some additional yarn because I am planning on making it large enough to cover a queen size bed!.
The pain that I am experiencing in my back and left leg is persisting and I wear a back brace/support almost continuously during the day. If I am not wearing the support I am lying down with ice packs. I continue to do as much as possible. And, that includes going outside to the garden every day and working for at least one hour, sitting and pulling weeds, pruning and dead heading. The garden is so lovely at this time. Being outside in my garden is so good for my soul. It seems as though I am totally lost in my garden without a care in the world - - - until my back is to painful to continue, and then I know I must stop and go into the house.
I am looking forward to the next medical appointment with my Family Doctor this coming Friday. I have received a very limited report of the MRI results. Reportedly, I have a nerve impingement in the lumbar-sacral area. I am being referred to a neurologist and if need be, then to a surgeon. The part about the surgeon is the scary part. I have already had one back surgery for ruptured disc in my low back and additional "foot drop". That took place 19 years ago and it was partially successful. Primarily, the "foot drop" improved but pain has persisted through the years.  But, I am working hard at taking "one day at a time" and "living with my glass half full".  I have had so many incidents where I have been able to heal even though I did not have surgery as suggested. The last experience was with my right shoulder when I was being treated for a Rotator Cuff Tear.  I have little to no problem with the shoulder at this time and I did not have surgery. The body is truly miraculous in its ability to heal! 

I can't help myself - - - Just one more garden photo of a beautiful honeysuckle in bloom.



Until next time, I am wishing all of you some Joyous Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014