web analytics

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Repetitive Parfait Motion

Sometimes rhythmic motion can be very therapeutic. There has been one thing that has helped me during the past days when I have not been feeling like my "ol' self" and that is the rhythm of knitting. But, the knitting has to be simple Garter Stitch without a specific pattern. Since I am knitting for people in less fortunate situations than myself it makes me feel good to be doing something for others. I guess that compassion is in my DNA. My nursing career was based on service for others and I enjoyed that aspect very much.

So, let's take a look at what I have been up to. It is another shawl. No surprise there! A simple item, nothing extraordinary but enjoyable.







It is smaller than the Tudor and Baroque afghan that I finished lately. It is definitely a shawl that will be about 20 inches wide and 60 inches long. The pattern is on the wrapper of the Lion Brand Homespun yarn that I am using. The color is Parfait. I should have it finished in a day or two.

I am still working on the  Shoulder Wrap with the lace stitch collar. I am more than 3/4th finished on the collar. The stitch is a little too tedious for me to work on when I am not feeling "on top of my game". But, I am really looking forward to getting back to it.




The dark yarn color Corinthian makes it a  little more difficult for me to work on in the evening. Natural day light makes it a lot easier. If I use the same pattern again I will use a solid color yarn so that the lovely lace pattern will show better. I am quite sure I will be making more than one of these shawls.

In the past, I never liked this yarn very much. I really did not like working with it and never thought I would ever buy any more of it. But, since starting charity knitting/crocheting, I have changed my mind. That's a  women's right, isn't it?

 I hope all of you are having a Fabulous day.

~Mary~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014