web analytics

Friday, November 04, 2011

Today Was The Day

~  That my very close friend had breast cancer surgery! Up at 5 AM to take her to the Surgi-center,  45 minute drive from here.  We were back home at about 3 PM after stopping at Applebee's to pick up some onion soup and sliders to take home for lunch. Also, picked up some Broccoli, Chicken Alfredo Pasta for dinner.

Her surgery took about an hour. She had a lumpectomy and removal of a few lymph nodes that demonstrated cancer cells. It was disappointing that it has traveled to the lymph nodes which means that most likely she will need both chemotherapy as well as radiation.  It is what it is.  ~ ~ ~ And she will march through it. She is an excellent patient and friend.



Isn't this google image the greatest? Must keep a sense of humor!


After we ate lunch at her house, I went home to rest a bit and she went to bed and slept quite well. She has requested that I have pasta dinner with her and stay with her during the night. She lives very very close to me and I am happy to do it for her. She, has two daughters who have to work. And, I can easily help her out.
My Special Man is coming over to pick up Lily and she will be happy to spend the night with him and his dog. We don't need Lily jumping up on our friend. Lily adores her and would not leave her alone, I am sure of it. MSM has been so helpful, supportive and understanding with the situation. He is a cancer survivor - six years.
I know my friend will be fine. The hospital staff was fabulous. They have a Breast Cancer Program Coordinator (hired recently) and everything moves like steady clockwork. Next week we will go to see the oncologist for the next step in this journey!





Please remember her in your positive thoughts. Thanks. I am on my way to her house.



.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014