web analytics

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

What A Difference A Week Can Make



It was just around a week ago that I was so ill and confused that I wasn't making much sense most of the time. I will never forget going to the gas station because my gas tank was showing the empty warning. I wanted to drive myself to the Grief Share meeting the next evening which was only four miles from home. Well, anyway about a week ago when I went to get the gas I was not able to do the simple activity that I have probably done hundreds or more times. My brain was so scrambled in that a good person nearby observed and offered to help me. I was so appreciative! And, then I headed home which was very nearby.  My blood pressure was still in the "danger-danger zone" at 172/107.

Today, is a really nice day. My blood pressure this AM is 139/88 and has been in the normal range for a few days and I am starting to feel like the self that I know. I am continuing to closely monitor my BP readings and my current medication dosages.  I am so Happy and Grateful with this very noticeable improvement

My response and recovery with the Grief process is going so much better. And, I will be going to my weekly Grief Share meeting. The weekend was good but I still have to limit what I do and where I go. I have been able to start to take care of lots of things here at home, like sorting stuff and organizing. And, very short periods of time in the yard. You know those leaves keep falling! But, I can't do anything to demanding. Friends have been so very helpful with their emotional support and offers of help.

My heart and body are filling with peace. Progress - but a long way to go. I am beginning to think "You can't keep an ol" gal down for very long".

I am hoping to start planning with others, A Tribute To The Memory of my friend at our church for our little community and church family. More on that as it evolves.

This little sign hung in Bud's home office!


I would like to share a little poem that I recently came across in my continual search that is driven by my intense curiosity about most every thing.

Gone Fishing 
I've finished life's chores assigned to me
So put me on a boat headed out to see
Please send along my fishing pole
For I've been invited to the fishin' hole

Where every day is a day to fish
To fill your heart with every wish
Don't worry, or feel sad for me
I'm fishing' with the Master of the sea

We will miss each other for awhile
But you will come and bring your smile
That won't be long you will see
Till we're together you and me

To all of those that think of me
Be happy as I go out to sea
If others wonder why I'm missin'
Just tell 'em I've gone fishin'
                       by Dalmar Pepper


2011-2013





A Tired Happy Fisherman - Not bad for 85 - yes, that is years!

Wishing you a Warm and Cozy Day - especially if your weather conditions are harsh!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014